FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (FP)
The purpose of the Foundation Programme is to provide a systematic presentation of particular subjects of Mahayana Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience of Buddhism.
Benefits of Foundation Programme
- Increased personal insight, wisdom and experience of Dharma (Buddha’s teachings)
- Studying and meditating more effectively following a specially-designed programme and qualified meditation teacher
- An opportunity to discuss and ask questions
- Help, support and friendship from like-minded people
- Gain the ability to integrate Buddha’s instructions into busy modern life.
Commitments of Foundation Programme
Foundation Programme is not a drop-in class. Enrolment is required and we ask that everyone who enrols:
- has a sincere personal commitment to try to attend each class
- will commit to at least 3 months after having one or two taster sessions
- will prepare for each class by studying and memorising to the best of your ability the essential points of the text for that class (including the condensed meaning)
FP students are asked to inform the FP Co-ordinator in advance if they are unable to attend a class for a special reason. This will help the organisation of the classes and allow discussion partners to be re-arranged.
Fees and How to Enrol
£30 per month
Your FP membership includes:
- All regular courses, classes and retreats held at the centre and all our branch classes.
- Foundation Programme and weekend courses
- 30% discount for empowerments.
If you have any questions about joining the Foundation Programme please email the Education Programme Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org