With Buddhist nun, Gen Kelsang Lhamo
8-week series | £7 Pay per class | £35 for all 8 classes [SAVE 37.5%]
BOOK THE CLASSES HERE
This series of classes will explore meditations from one of Buddhism’s best loved poems, Eight Verses of Training the Mind, by Bodhisattva Langri Tangpa and its commentary, Eight Steps to Happiness, by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
What does the class entail?
Each class consists of a breathing meditation to settle the mind, a short talk exploring an aspect of training in mindfulness and a second meditation based on the ideas raised. The session concludes with some take away advice that can be practised beyond the sessions allowing the benefits to pervade our life.
Do i have to attend all 8-weeks?
No, each class is self-contained and can be attended on a drop-in basis. However, it is beneficial if possible to attend the entire series of classes.
Recommended reading: Eight Steps to Happiness, by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso (available for purchase at any of our events.)
What will be covered each week?
- 1 The basics of learning to love
- 2 Dealing successfully with criticism and praise (2nd Nov)
- 3 Overcoming the disconnection between self and others (9th Nov)
- 4 Discovering real love and compassion within (16th Nov)
- 5 Improving the inner skill of wisdom in daily life (23rd Nov)
- 6 Becoming fearless in the face of suffering (30th Nov)
- 7 Living a life that will never disappoint (7th Dec)
- 8 Connecting to the true nature of things (14th Dec)