Live streamed meditation classes during these difficult times
TO JOIN IT IS NECESSARY TO:
1. Live in Edinburgh and East Coast
2. Agree not to record any class
TUESDAY EVENING MEDITATION CLASS
2 JUNE 7-8.30pm
Class Topic: Mindfulness and alertness – key tools for successful meditation
If we get the basics of meditation correct at the beginning, we can make quick progress in our search for peace and happiness.
Whether new to meditation, or have experience, we need to know exactly how to meditate and the route to take in our meditation practice. Otherwise we are like a traveller who wishes to go somewhere but doesn’t know how, or one who has set off and lost the way.
This class will introduce or remind us of the essentials – mindfulness, alertness and concentration.
Fee: £10 (free for members). After you pay please wait to be redirected to the registration page (crucial!)
DAILY 30 MINUTE MEDITATION CLASSES
When you book this class or series it’s like getting a nourishing meal (food for thought) delivered to your own home which will help you stay mentally and spiritually fit. Enjoy these inspiring meditations anytime during the day or night, under the guidance of a different teacher each day.
After you book a link will be sent to your email address – available for 24 hours so that you can watch the class in your own time.
Fee: £3 (free for members)
Saturday Course 30 May
Dealing with uncertainty and change
With changing conditions surrounding us and a prevailing uncertainty seeping into our days, it is not surprising that our mind might be playing up during these unusual times. We may experience, or fear, the loss of many conditions we view as important in our life, as well as the people and things we hold dear. Anxiety, stress and this feeling of loss can begin to take over, disturbing our mind and making us unhappy inside.
Yet although such experiences are initially uncomfortable, when we combine them with positive understanding and wisdom advice, they become the very means by which we can grow strong and overcome them. Reflecting our life through the mirror of Buddha’s teachings allows us to gain a wisdom perspective through which we can start to frame our life, and our experiences, in a more realistic and optimistic way. Through meditating and integrating these special ways of thinking into our daily life we can rise above the changing waves of good and bad conditions, take control of our mind and make the most of our precious human life.
Saturday Course 6 June
Stepping out of fear
Many of us are experiencing unsettled minds as we confront the global pandemic, the self-isolation, and the loss of our ordinary routines and normal life. Fear and its close cousins, anxiety, loneliness, anger, boredom, abandonment, existential questioning … our current situation is stirring up the mind.
So what to do?
When seen from a different perspective, these experiences offer a unique opportunity: to transform this fear into a deeper exploration of our lives, one that can open the door to real inner peace and happiness.
Registration. What you need to know
1. Click on the Registration Button to pay
2. Wait to be redirected to the registration page (crucial!)
3. Click REGISTER at the bottom of the page
(you will not be charged again)
4. Fill out your name and email address
5. Hit REGISTER NOW
6. Right click the link and save it somewhere you can easily access it when it’s time for class
7. Copy & paste the link into your web browser
Streamed to you LIVE from our Meditation Centre
Online class terms and conditions
- Cost of each class is as advertised
- Price is per person – Links and passwords to classes are not to be shared
- Classes are offered live and online, a video recording is not available afterwards
Refund and Cancellation
- A registration will only be accepted when made online, and when all necessary information and payment has been received. Registrations are non-transferrable and a separate registration is required for each person attending
- Registrants can cancel participation to a live class and receive a full refund by emailing email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start date and time of the class.
- No refunds are given within 24 hours of any class.
- Kadampa Meditation Center Edinburgh reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any live class as circumstances dictate
Technical advice for livestream classes
Please make sure you have a setup that works to connect to live-streaming video. Our recommendations:
– Use your laptop instead of your smart phone if possible
– Use a good and stable wi-fi connection
– If using your phone, try to use wi-fi so that you don’t run out of data in your plan (video consumes a lot of data)
Spiritual advice for livestream classes
Please find a comfortable and quiet place that you consider special in your home or room. Prepare yourself before the class begins by turning off your phone, avoiding distractions, making sure you can focus on the teaching for its duration. Have a notebook to write down some of the key points of the teaching that you want to remember and integrate in your life. Enjoy!
We pray for everyone who is experiencing stress and anxiety, and especially for those who are ill. May everyone enjoy good health, peace and happiness.